Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 18

Thread: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Not mine. 7 hours to go. Only 1 bid.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member theophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast.Queensland.Australia.
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Well there was a bit of a bidding war in the last minute,and they finally went for $2050 Australian dollars.

    I had thought about it for a moment,but I have a different multi-way mostly Altec project in mind.
    It involved 2 x 411s in separate cabinets(got those already),the 416As which will be left in situ in my Valencia cabinets,2 x 288s that I also have already(with Azura Le'Cleach horns) and either 2 x B&C DE250s or Altecs of my choice(on Azurah Le'Cleach horns).The uppermost range drivers still to be considered.

    The whole shebang will be used active with my Accuphase F-25 crossover.All I have to do is purchase the horns and put the whole thing together.
    Turntable : Yamaha GT 2000 - Cartridge : Soundsmith The Voice Ebony - Phono Stage : Moon LP5.3 - Preamp : Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid - Speakers : KRK Expose E8B.

  3. #3
    Hostboard Member lowpoke's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 23rd, 2009
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    I don't think that's such a bad price. To build something similar would probably cost as much, if not more.


    theophile, that set up you're building sounds impressive. I'm putting together a system using Altec 511B horns on 808's. (Wish I could afford some 288's though!)

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member mah's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 28th, 2008
    Posts
    2,003
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    I would have considered them if I didn't have my Altec components waiting for assembly. I have reservations about notifying members about Altecs on Oz Ebay because I could be stiffing another buyer. However, I keep to rarely presented items or possible bargains which I feel members may miss.

    Cheers, Marshall.

  5. #5
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by mah View Post
    I would have considered them if I didn't have my Altec components waiting for assembly. I have reservations about notifying members about Altecs on Oz Ebay because I could be stiffing another buyer. However, I keep to rarely presented items or possible bargains which I feel members may miss.

    Cheers, Marshall.

    Good older Altec stuff here in Oz is rare! On eBay anyway. If it is somewhere else then I dont know about it!!!

  6. #6
    Senior Hostboard Member westend9's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 3rd, 2007
    Posts
    296
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Theo,
    How many channels will that F-25 run? Is it just a matter of adding boards or is there a limit to the high or low end? I followed some of your buying experience over at AK but can't seem to recall the capacity of the Accuphase.

  7. #7
    Inactive Member wixy's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    8
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    I was about to bid on these until I noticed that the driver on one speaker was pushed in in the middle, which wasn't described in the listing. Would this have been fixable?

  8. #8
    Senior Hostboard Member oface1's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 5th, 2008
    Posts
    563
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Yes, if it was on the dust cap on the speaker.....

    All you need is some tape... I would work with the weakest stuff first, and move up gradually with a different/stronger/stickier tape untill you would have to use duck or ordie tape.

    Pull it off quickly w/o ripping too much cone material off, but you can always re-glue the cap if it comes off......

    I have done it a ton of times....

    -chris

  9. #9
    Senior Hostboard Member magnarc's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 7th, 2005
    Posts
    615
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    I also ummed and ahahed, but in the end I've decided to build the tall SH V style M19 type box for the components I've got. Just missing 802 or 902s.

    When the seller wouldn't open and confirm the components I thought nah.

    OT there are 1005Bs and 515s in Sydney up right now. Not mine, ex cinema not sure yet which one.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member theophile's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 11th, 2005
    Location
    Sunshine Coast.Queensland.Australia.
    Posts
    138
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Re: Model 19s on Australian Ebay

    Quote Originally Posted by westend9 View Post
    Theo,
    How many channels will that F-25 run? Is it just a matter of adding boards or is there a limit to the high or low end? I followed some of your buying experience over at AK but can't seem to recall the capacity of the Accuphase.
    westend,
    I apologise for not replying sooner.It would seem that I am not receiving notifications to my e-mail address about replies to threads I have subscribed to,on this forum.

    Now as to your question.The Accuphase F-25 is totally modular.The owner can purchase enough modules to make it anything between a two-way or a four way active crossover.The choices of the crossover frequencies are all limited to set frequencies.No adjustments of the crossover frequency are available.When a change of crossover frequency is desired,another set frequency board must be inserted onto the divider module.

    The Accuphase is a stunning sounding product.There seems to be a strong consensus amongst people with wildly differing tastes in equipment,that it is a superb sounding unit.I had to buy mine from Japan,and import it into Australia.A step-down transformer was necessary.
    Turntable : Yamaha GT 2000 - Cartridge : Soundsmith The Voice Ebony - Phono Stage : Moon LP5.3 - Preamp : Transcendent Sound Grounded Grid - Speakers : KRK Expose E8B.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.